You really wanna know more about me? Get the full scoop by adding me as a Facebook friend...or just email and ask. I don't have many secrets. For now, here are some things you should know about me...
1. I was born and raised in Buffalo, NY...a town with a football and hockey problem. I have tremendously strong back muscles from shoveling snow since I was four. I think chicken wings are a food group.
2. I went to college at Syracuse University in upstate NY. I majored in broadcast news and will be paying off loans until I'm in my mid-70's.
3. At one point, I lived or worked in 7 different cities in 10 years. I've been around, and Northwest Arkansas is a pretty good place to live.
4. I love what I do. It's not even work to me...the chance to make you smile when you wake up or drive to work in the morning is a blessing, and I'm honored you give me a chance to do it everyday. I can't think of a better way to make a living. And remember, if you don't listen, I don't eat.
5. Previous jobs: stocking shelves in a grocery store, drawing triptiks at the AAA, driving a forklift in a food warehouse and yes, I was a campus cop in college. Now you know why I like radio so much.
6. I'm easy to talk to, but if you see me around town I look mean. Serial-killer mean. Like I might punch the first person that gets close enough to me. That's just the way I look, though...say hi anyway. I promise I won't growl at you...
7. My wife is the only person I've met who has willingly and consistently put up with me. Most of the time, anyway. Everbody else seems to think I'm somewhat amusing in small doses.
Like Jon Lovitz used to say on Saturday Night Live... "GET to KNOW ME!!!"
1) I was born and bred in Pryor Creek, OK ... a town so small that BOTH sides of the sign said "Welcome to Pryor Creek" (just kidding) however, If you've seen the movie "The Sandlot" you KNOW my neighborhood, the type of people I grew up with, because I KNEW everyone who lived within a two block radius of my home.
2) I graduated from Rogers University in two years with an A.A. in Business Admin. and an A.S. in Radio Broadcasting. I continued my Education at John Brown University, graduating Cum Laude in 1999 with a B.S. in Broadcasting.
(Stop now... I've already heard ALL the jokes!)
3) My Dad and Mom showed me the world (as much as they could afford to.) I've been in 49 States, 7 Canadian Provinces, and Mexico; all multiple times before I was 17 years old. (Sometimes vacation took place during the school year...Sweet!)
4) I played radio with my older brother Mark when we were kids using only one Record Player and a lamp as our microphone. We were BOTH lucky enough to continue to do so as Adults only for REAL! Still Loving IT!!! (See Jay's # 4 )
5) Life experiences: Babysitting @ 11, Waitress @16 (serving pizza and 3.2 Beer), Church Youth director @18, Bank courier and Supply officer, Street entertainer, Asst. Manager @ McDonald's, a Supervisor @ U.S. Dept. of Commerce, and finally on the Radio.
6) I like to talk...period! My brother Mark has suggested a new 12 step program for me and call it "On and On Anon". I sincerely like people and attach easily, (ask anyone who works with me) I will become their Sister or Mother - that's just me!
7) I married at 17 (not my smartest decision), was Blessed with four children, and I'm still with the same guy. WHY? I guess it's because we are BOTH too Lazy and too Stubborn to train another spouse.